Coventry City Council complies with the Data Protection Act and the GDPR and is registered with the Information Commissioners Office (ICO) as a Data Controller.
This Privacy Notice explains how your personal information is going to be used, what for, who it will be shared with and why.
What information do we collect about you?
We do not collect personal data directly from people wishing to attend the festival as a spectator because TicketSellers are doing this on our behalf. TicketSellers’ privacy notice is available on their website.
If you are attending the festival for leisure (this information is provided to us by TicketSellers)
- The first 4 digits of your Postcode, the quantity of tickets bought and the date of your attendance for pre-event planning and marketing evaluation
- Profile of ticket purchases by category of tickets, e.g. family, adult, weekend by postcode and day.
If you are a vendor (a stall holder or performer)
- Contact details for answering queries, dealing with applications and processing ticketing
- Payment details for bands scheduled to perform
Why we collect and use personal information about you?
We collect and hold personal information relating to trading and promotional activities at the Godiva Festival because it is necessary to deliver the Festival.
We use this information to:
- Select traders, promotional activities, charity stallholders, including arranging payment details and invoices
- Arrange promotional materials and announcement dates with artists, agents and managers
- Answer queries and complaints
- Pre-event planning
- Process marketing evaluation
- To respond to your request, to contact you further to act upon your application to the Godiva Festival or to arrange promotional materials/activities with bands/agents.
Who we share data with?
We will share data with:
- Coventry City Council’s Events Team,
- Coventry City Council’s Communications Team,
- Coventry City Council’s Finance Team, Godiva Calling organisers and head booker for the festival (if necessary),
We also have information about you shared with us by:
- TicketSellers - the first 4 digits of your postcode, the quantity of tickets bought, and the date of your attendance. This data is for pre-event planning and marketing evaluation.
Payment information, email addresses, and postcodes will be stored by TicketSellers to enable them to process tickets for the weekend.
How long will we keep your information?
We will only keep your information for as long as we need to, unless we must keep it for legal reasons, such as artist contracts.
You have the right to:
- Ask to see the personal information we hold about you
- Ask us to change information we hold about you if it is wrong
- Ask us to delete the information we hold about you
- Ask us to limit the way we use your personal Information
- Data portability (have your data transferred to another Authority)
- Complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office
To exercise any of these rights please contact the Godiva Festival team and/or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Withdrawal of Consent
Where personal data is processed based on consent, you will have the right to withdraw that consent. However, Coventry City Council process personal data that it is necessary to do so in order to comply with our legal obligations and to enable us to perform tasks carried out in the public interest.
You have the right to submit a complaint if you are unhappy with the way your request is handled or disagree with a decision made by the council regarding your data. In these circumstances, you can contact the Data Protection Team (DPO) and request a review of the decision. DPOTeam@coventry.gov.uk
If you are not satisfied with any outcome from the DPO you may wish to apply to the Information Commissioner's Office at:
The Information Commissioner's Office